Birth Doula Package
As your birth doulas, we offer unbiased, evidence based, personalized care to meet your physical and emotional needs.
- Free initial consultation
- 2 prenatal meetings
- Assistance with preparing a birth plan
- Phone and email support
- 24 hour on call from signing of contract
- A team of two doulas will share an on call schedule for your birth. At the time of your birth, you will contact the doula who is on call and they will attend your birth.
- Continuous in-person support from active labor to 1-2 hours after birth
- 1 postpartum visit
- Referrals to local resources as needed
- Fee: $750
Contact us for a free consultation or questions
Prenatal Doula Care – NEW
An prenatal doula from Iowa City Birth Services is available to provide extra help to you during your pregnancy. Our doulas can assist you in keeping your household running smoothly so that you can focus on your health and that of your unborn baby. These services ideal for expecting mothers that are :
- on home or hospital bed rest
- experiencing complications with her pregnancy
- expecting a baby that may require a stay in the NICU
- expecting multiples
Services are tailored to your individual needs, but may include :
- organizing meal trains
- managing home responsibilities
- creating a baby registry
- assisting with transitioning home
- accompanying you to the NICU to visit your baby
Fee: $25/hour – 2 hours minimum requirement
Please contact us for information on discounted package pricing
Postpartum Doula Care – NEW
Iowa City Birth Services offers postpartum support during daytime hours as well as overnight shifts. This service is designed to help ease the transition into parenthood while you bond, heal and adjust.
A postpartum doula provides:
- Knowledge, emotional support and camaraderie for families with newborns
- Our main priority is supporting the mother as she recovers from birth, as well as caring for the infant as it adjusts to life at home
- We are trained to assist with both physical and emotional recuperation following birth
- We respect each family’s personal parenting philosophies
- We are knowledgeable in many areas including breastfeeding, bottle feeding, babywearing, infant sleep/soothing, and more
- We can help out with light cleaning around the home and can prepare simple, nourishing meals
- We can assist you on errands and outings, or even do your grocery shopping for you!
- This service is customizable based around what you and your family need
Fee: $25/hour – 3 hours minimum requirement
Placenta encapsulation is the process of dehydrating, grinding and placing placenta powder in to capsules for oral consumption. The placenta is full of nutrients and hormones that may help you balance your postpartum moods, increase milk supply, reduce bleeding following delivery and help you bounce back after giving birth. This service is provided to clients in a dedicated placenta preparation area. Due to this dedicated location, Iowa City Birth Services does not require access to you home to complete the process.
• Capsules $200
• Placenta tinctures are a great way to enjoy the benefits of placenta powder over an extended length of time. This product contains alcohol.
• Capsules + tincture $225
Our childbirth education class is an excellent way to prepare for your upcoming birth. This 6 week class will look at the physiology of pregnancy and birth, provide relaxation and comfort measures to use during labor, explore the emotions that accompany adding a new member to your family, plus information on basic baby care. Due to the limited size of the class, members are able to create a community of support that can extend beyond the classroom.
Private Education Classes
We understand that you are busy and so we offer a childbirth education class to fit your schedule. Are you a first time parent and would like to learn about the birthing processes in detail? Or do you have experience with birth and would just like a refresher class on relaxation techniques? Private classes can be customized to meet your specific needs within your time frame.